A developed technology allows the dentist to use composite of materials to repair the damaged tooth structure no matter by decay or fracture. White filling made from resin or porcelain is the replacement of the silver or metal color materials to make it looks more like natural.
|Type of Dental Filling
- Composites Resin Filling : Composite Dental Filling has been used in stead of the metal filling. It is made of plastic resin, and its color looks really close to the natural tooth color.
- Amalgam Filling : Amalgam Filling is the combination of mercury liquid and small piece of silver, or copper, tin and zinc. This kind of filling has no guarantee for its safety because the amount of mercury in it is risk enough to cause Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, dementia and arthritis.
Inlays and Onlays : Inlays and Onlays are mostly used with the molar tooth which surface is damaged more than a half of it, and when such damage is not too extensive to get a crown. Inlays and Onlays will cover one or more cusps and a variety of materials are selectable, the examples are gold alloy, porcelain or resin.
What are composite resin filling?
Composite Dental Filling has been used in stead of the metal filling. It is made of plastic resin, and its color looks really close to the natural tooth color. Composite Dental filling is well known for its durability so most dental insurances also cover its use.Who is a candidate for composites resin filling?
Not only one whose tooth is damaged by decayed or any others reasons is reasonable to get the composites filling but is also provided to replace amalgam filling to improve the appearance and gain more strength for the tooth.
How are composites fillings different from amalgam filling?
It’s another options to fill the minor damaged tooth, the procedure is almost the same but the different is the material which is more durable and natural appearance. Moreover it’s more compatible with the existing tooth.
How are composite resin filling accomplished?
After the assigned area is numb by anesthetic, the decayed surface will be removed by drills, micro air abrasion or a dental laser. The natural tooth structure would be preserved as much as possible, so it will need only a thin composite resin layer to be placed in. Otherwise if it reaches too close to the nerve, a special liner would have to be assigned to protect the nerve. To make the composite stick with the tooth, first the pore of your tooth would be opened by a special substance. Then the enamel will be roughened to allow the bond resin to function like a glue to stick the tooth with the composite resin. Last a bright light will be applied to harden the layer and cure it. Finally the composite resin layer will be placed in. After placement completion adjusting the composite thickness and shape together with polishing will be done to get the correct occlusion or bite and smooth surfaces.
Composite Resin Fillings (After)
The dentist will determine whether the filling can give enough protection for the tooth or not and otherwise the restoration with the crown might be suggested.
What are the advantages of Dental Veneers?
- Veneers can help dark teeth appear whiter by selection of the porcelain color.
- Veneers can help changing the tooth alignment and profile to some extent when orthodontic treatment is not affordable or applicable.
- Comparing with the crown, it doesn’t need an extensive shaping before the procedure like a Dental Crown. But still serve strong and aesthetic.
Composite resin needs normally only 1 visit and it last up to 10 years, so it is worth to get. Furthermore with the developed technology, it looks really natural.