Veneer or Facing is a thin material with tooth-like color used to adhere to a tooth surface for the sake of beauty and proper shape. The grey tooth comes from tetracycline, stains or damages, including improper tooth positioning.
Veneer is to cement tooth-like materials on teeth. This can be done by using Composite Resin and Porcelain/Ceramic. A tooth will then be drilled lightly so that its front surface can be adhered to the tooth-like material.
During the veneer treatment, some of the dentine will be lost, but the tooth remain looking beautiful. It doesn’t take too much time when compared with other tooth shape transformation methods. Veneers are a treatment to solve dull tooth problems.
HOW DO VENEERS HELP TACKLE PROBLEMS?
- Cover the gap between front teeth.
- Shape disfigured teeth which are too big or too small.
- Fix crooked or spaced teeth.
- Cure damaged teeth without affecting the nerve.
- Repair teeth with abnormal enamel.
- Whiten very dull teeth by bleaching them.
BENEFITS OF VENEER
- Durable and difficult to get stained from food, beverages and smoking.
2. A tooth with a veneer treatment will not be decayed.
3. Be confident in socialization.
4. Your teeth can become beautiful within a short treatment period.
5. Repair and protect teeth from corrosion.
6. Conceal unhealthy and unattractive teeth.
GOODNESS AND WEAKNESS OF EACH VENEER
COMPOSITE RESIN VENEER
- High quality, strong and durable.
2. Fine and natural-like supply.
3. Cheaper than porcelain and ceramic.
4. Composite Resin Veneer can be placed only on a part of the tooth.
- The duration of the treatment is shorter than porcelain and ceramic.
- This material delivers less quality than porcelain and ceramic.
2. This material will absorb water, making it rough and dull looking.
- It cannot conceal dark spots as good as porcelain and ceramic.
- Beautiful and natural like a real tooth.
2. High durable against damage.
3. No water or color absorption and division change.
4. No stains caused by tea, coffee, food and cigarette.
5. Durability for corrosion and scratches.
6. Long-lasting glossiness.
7. Porcelain and ceramic veneers are compatible with dentine. Dentine adjacent to the veneer’s edge will be healthy while the ceramic is glossy and not affected by plaque easily.
1. Cost is higher than composite resin veneer.
2. The duration of the treatment will be at least 2-3 times longer.
3. Dentists must be expertised in treatment.
4. Maintenance or new ceramic treatment will be much more difficult and take much time.